Monday, March 8, 2010

Olympic goals reached!

Lately I have been doing so much knitting it has been hard to find time to fit in much else.  It was my goal to finish four projects that were on the needles during the Olympics.  I am thrilled to report that all four are complete.
Project one was the Citron shawl.  I used the beautiful and SO soft Beaded Pearls and Sequins from ArtYarns in solid color 2204.  This shawl is the most light, soft, and luscious thing I have ever knit.  Quite often when I walk by it I can't help picking it up and wrapping it around my face for a bit.  I wish I could post a touchy swatch to share.  Seriously, if you get a chance and you want to make something truly lovely, this is the yarn to use.
Project two was the Alpaca Baby Shawl.  This baby blanket, knit out of Caron Simply Soft, was such a fun little knit.  I am not usually a fan of afghans but I think that knitting this as a square made it much more interesting.  I hope to one day make this out of a nice alpaca or llama but I chose the Simply Soft because it is, after all, a baby blanket and needs to be machine washable.
Project three was a pair of "tiger" socks for C.  My dear middle child loves the socks I knit for him and that makes me want to make him more and more.  C saw the yarn Tiger from Knit Picks and had to have it.  I used my basic sock pattern and knit it up in a 4x1 rib. I think they look great on him.
Finally, project four was the Mark Cohen scarf I made for my hubby.  The pattern and yarn info for the scarf can be found in a previous post.  This scarf seemed to take forever to complete but I think the result is worth it.

As you can imagine, I felt a little lost after that.  I don't think that I have ever had all my WIP's (work in progress) finished at the same time.  Not to worry, I have remedied that by starting another four projects.  Oh, just an FYI, the coat tree used to display some of the knits was made by my very talented father-in-law, Roger.

S

No comments: