Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Fun

Summer is in full swing. How could it be that the kids have been home from school for almost a month already?  I believe there is a pile of papers from the last day of school that still have to be sorted. With summer school, golf lessons, movies, and swimming the time just flies by.

Lately I have been going through a stage where nothing I knit looks right. It has been quite frustrating to say the least. It seems that every single project I have cast-on has been ripped out at least 3 times (thank goodness for high quality yarn).  Given the issues stated, I have quite a few projects on the needles.


First is a variation on the Alpaca Baby Shawl knit out of Unisono #1210.  Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan this pattern. When I first started to knit it with this yarn, however, it just did not look right. The yarn has beautiful color changes and flecks of other colors here and there. I think that the lace sections were taking away from the beauty of the yarn. I ripped it out and decided to knit the blanket as is just omitting the lace. I am thrilled with the result. The beast part is that this yarn is infused with aloe and jojoba so it is like a mini spa treatment for my hands while I work on it.
Second is a baby sweater. I used 2 different colors of Plymouth Dreambaby DK and 2 different variegated sock yarns (can't remember brand or colorway, just leftovers from the stash). The pattern is Easy Baby Sweater and Hat by Plymouth.  This is such a plain and simple pattern. I love switching it up with different fibers and yarn weights, it makes the end result pretty unique. That and I can usually finish this project in a day or two.
Finally, more pictures of the sock blanket. It is starting to get to the size where I don't want to work on it unless I am in an air-conditioned space.  I still have over 100 mini skeins waiting to be added but I have not worked on this in the past few weeks.

There are still a few projects not mentioned, but I will save those for another day.  

Happy Knitting.

S

No comments: