Monday, May 17, 2010

Sock Obsession

Spring has sprung and with it comes all the spring activities. I have been working on the gardens, going to soccer matches, and chaperoning school field trips. Those things and more leave little time for knitting. I try to fit it in when I can.
This is a scarf I knit as a store sample for a new yarn shop opening soon in Beaver Dam, WI called Firefly Fibers. The yarn is Cascade 220 Quatro in 9433 colorway. The pattern is Eyelet Scarf from 60 Quick Knits. This Thursday I will be bringing the yarn in to the shop and, if I ask real nice, the owner Alisa may just let me take pictures to give everyone a preview.
 My favorite obsession is still my sock blanket. I am always trying to fit in time to knit "just one more square".
 I started getting nervous when I used all the sock yarn I had and there were only 2 1/2 rows of the blanket finished. I did a bit of searching on Ravelry and found a group called Blankie Mania. Let me just say, the yarn swap is a life saver if you are working on a blanket like this.
There are at least 40 mini-skeins of all sorts of yarn just waiting to get on this blanket. If only I could press the pause button on life and get them added.......

S

No comments: